Serving Wisconsin Since 1985

You Need A Pitbull to Protect You & Your Family


Protecting Your Children

When your children are at risk you need a pit bull on your side.


Client Reviews

See what our clients are saying.


Tell Us About Your Case

We're ready to help.


Post-Divorce Issues

Modifications, Move-Away and Changes in Circumstances

There are many issues that can arise post-divorce that will require legal intervention. If you were divorced and now face a legal issue that must be resolved, the quality of your legal representation is extremely important. Our Madison divorce lawyer, Attorney John T. Fields, has over 25 years of experience and is known throughout the legal community as a "pit bull" – he can get the job done for you.

Modifications of Divorce Orders in Madison

There may be a serious issue to resolve, such as child support or alimony payments that are overdue, or a former spouse who is subject to a Divorce order who is planning to move away, and custody arrangements must be modified to fit the new circumstances. If the placement of the children was with the parent planning to move away, this must be resolved. In cases in which a child has been the victim of abuse or neglect, legal action must be taken immediately. Drug or alcohol addiction, serious illnesses, changes in income and many other issues could lead to the need to take the case back to the court for a modification of an existing order.

The court can modify an existing order for child support or alimony, but only in cases in which there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Increases or reductions in income must be substantial for the court to agree to modify the amount paid in child support or spousal support. Are you facing a legal issue after your divorce has been finalized? You want to ensure that you are represented by an attorney that will aggressively seek the most positive outcome possible. With decades of experience in family law and divorce, we are more than qualified to take action for you, and get your legal issue resolved.

Contact us now for professional counsel that has an aggressive approach to resolved post-divorce issues.

Contact Us

John T Fields & Associates
Your Name (*)

Please let us know your name.
Your Email (*)

Please let us know your email address.

Invalid Input
Message (*)

Please let us know your message.

Some Areas We Serve